Valentines has been a large topic of conversation in our house these days.
Emma said to me, "Mommy I need to decide who I am going to ask to be my Valentine."
"What do you mean honey?"
"Well all the girls at school are asking the boys to be their Valentine."
"They are?"
"Yep"
"How come the boys aren't asking the girls?"
"I don't know they just aren't. The girls are asking."
Ok, I suppose its 2010 and our society has turned our children into assertative young women, I guess I can go along with that. "Emma what does it mean to be someone's Valentines?"
"Your just their Valentine, Mom. And you dance with them at the dance."
"What Dance?"
"The dance at school."
"Honey there is not any Valentine dance scheduled at your school." This was a debate that went on for about ten minutes until she was finally convinced there was no dance.
"Well mom, maybe there's not a dance this year, but there is going to be a dance next year, and it takes the boys a whole year to get ready!"
No comments:
Post a Comment