Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sick

I have come to the conclussion that I just don't do "sick" well.  I must have been missed when they were handing out that gene for mothers.  Some women can jump into action and sprint their child to toliet in 2 seconds flat.  Others can be cooped up in the house with sick children for a week and still have a pleasant disposition and look they they have just stepped out of a spa.   Not me, I cringe at the mere thought of my kids getting sick. I love my kids dearly, but at the slightest sign of them getting sick I feel like running far away and offering large sums of money for someone, anyone to tend to them.

Perhaps it comes from working in a nursing home.  When residents got sick, you simply pressed a call button and the nurses, CNAs and housekeeping took care of it.  My only job was to bring them a movie, adjust their blinds or fill their water glass for them.  That I could handle.  The sound, sight and smell of someone getting sick, just doesn't work for me. 

At least Sara does give some warning by saying, "Mommy my tummy feels angry."  Well let me tell you her stomach has been really pissed off at her lately.....three comforters, eight set of sheets and countless clothes later.  My washing machine is starting to get a bit angry too.

No comments: