Friday, June 25, 2010

Day one of our Vacation

Well our family vacation has been an adventure already....would you expect anything else from us?!?

We were twenty minutes late on our scheduled departure.  Paul was already grumpy because his frickin' IPhone locked up on him Wednesday night.  The new one was suppose to arrive this morning, which never happened, hence leading to a worst mood for my dear husband.  Emma was zoned out listening to her Ipod and I had to scream before she could hear me say anything.  Sara was in full meltdown mode because she wanted to bring all her babies on vacation with her because she loves them all so much.  Mean mommy limited her to two.

Finally on the highway, Paul gets into the HOV Lane because we were nearing evening traffic.  No sooner do we pull into this lane that has no exit for 15 miles and Sara throws up from all her fussing. I tried my best to get some of it off her with tissues, but wasn't really successful.  I told Paul we had to get off the highway and get to a bathroom and wash Sara off and clean out the car. 

The smell of vomit is just nausating in the car.  We finally get to the end of the damn  HOV lane and we look in the back seat to find Sara fast asleep covered in vomit chunks.  By now we are in the heart of bumper to bumper traffic.  Finally 45 minutes later on the other side of the city, Sara wakes up and traffic thins out and we are able to pull off to find a bathroom.  We have a choice between a gas station or McDonald's.  I choose McDonald's stating "Their bathroom are much cleaner."  Which earned me an evil glare from my 7-Eleven husband.

In the parking lot I strip Sara's nasty shorts off and use them to try and beat the other chunks off of her.  I grab a clean set of clothes from the back of the car (thank goodness I had the foresight to pack extras!) and head to the bathroom.  Of course this McDonald's only has hand dryers....Damn those Tree Hugger!  I go out front and grab a stack of napkins.  Back in the Bathroom I strip my child butt naked (yes it was that bad), Lift her up and have her stand in the only sink in the restroom.  The soap dispenser was almost empty,  but was able to get a little out.  By the way,  McDonald's napkins are no Bounty, they disintegrate in the near vicinity of water.  People are walking in giving me a look.  After they do their business they try to approach the sink where I inform them that I am cleaning up my child that just threw up all over the place.  They decide to skip washing their hands and quickly leave the bathroom.  Sara gets dressed and I try to rinse out her other outfit.  Meanwhile Paul had the job of cleaning out the car (which was by far worse then bathing our child in the sink). Back on the highway we headed down the road with the lingering vomit fragrance.  I sure hope this isn't a foreshadowing of what our whole trip is going to like.......

1 comment:

jenleic2008 said...

Oh no! That sounds like an awful start of your vacation. I hope it got much better.