Paul and I are celebrating ten years of marriage today....and what a wild ten years it has been! Couldn't think of a better person to share my life with.
So here are a few highlights from our wedding day ten years ago today......
* Woke up to trenchal down pours. That and the fact that got lipstick on my dress sent me into a fit of tears. One quick phone call to my soon to be husband calmed me down.
* During the ceremony we almost set the church on fire with the unity candles I made. Who knew hot glue was flammable??
* Upon arrival at the reception we soon discovered that the bakery had delivered the wrong grooms cake. I believe I went a little Bridezilla at that point! The funny thing is, that I think I have more pictures of that silly Harley Davidson cake then I do of our wedding cake!
* At the reception our wonderful DJ introduced us as Mr. & Mrs. Vicki Roberts. Guess she had the foresight to know who was going to rule our household.
* One of our guest set off the fire alarm at the reception and another knocked an expensive painting off the wall and broke the glass.
* Another one of our guest had forgot their card and tried to run out to a store to get another one. Some how their car ended up on the golf cart path! (It is amazing that my father didn't have his country club membership revoked!).
* A good friend of ours stole a bottle of booze from the bar and challenged my father in law to a drinking contest. She won hands down.
* Meanwhile, my USA and Canadian cousins had their own drinking Olympics going on. I think the good old Canucks won, since we didn't see my American cousin until 2PM the next day.
* Our bridal party hijacked the Limo Bus with my relatives on it. I heard that one of our groomsmen got on the microphone and gave wonderful commentary. They ended up at the bars at West Port Plaza til who knows what hours in the morning.
* My overnight bag got left on the limo. Dad was a hero and got it tracked down. Who knows how much he had to pay the driver to bring it to the hotel at 1 AM.
Overall it was a wonderful day. Paul and I were so lucky to have so many of our friends and family there to celebrate our marriage with us. Thank you Mom and Dad for giving us a wedding to remember!
1 comment:
This really sounds like a wedding I would have liked to attend. Congrats on the 10 yr anniversary!
Post a Comment