Thursday, July 22, 2010

2 Sara Stories

Sara definitely keeps life interesting around here. I can foresee her being  my wild child (God Help Me).

While we were in St. Louis for the past two weeks, we had to make a run to Walmart.  Now let me just tell you, that I absolutely despise shopping in this store with my children.  There is something in their circulate air that turns my two sweet girls into raging beasts.  Usually, I am yelling at them through the entire store, to a point that I am certain that other shoppers have called the Child Welfare Department on me.  In 7 years I have yet to leave the store when I haven't been in a full fledged anxiety attack.

So Mom, the girls and I are doing our Walmart Run..  Three of us were looking at the shelves while Sara was behind us at the cart.  All of a sudden we hear this high pitch voice say, "Hey guys can't you see that I need help here!"  We turn around to see that Sara has attempted to climb into the cart on her own. She is holding on to the handle, one foot on the ground, the other straight up in split with her sandal caught in the bar that your legs go between.  Of course she had a dress on for this wonderful display of flexibility!

Fast for a few days to when we came in Tuesday night at 8:30.  Paul had actually totally picked up the first floor (the upstairs was an entirely different story).  By 10 the next morning, it looked like a tornadoo had hit!  The girls had unzipped their suitcases and dumped them all over the floor.  They spread out their other crap on the kitchen table,  and had brought a ton of toys down from upstairs.  Needless to say, I was a bit irate!  I spent the rest of the day yelling at them to clean up the mess they had made.  Emma did do her part and cleaned up the her mess, Sara was an entirely different story.  She has entered this massive defiant stage.  Late that afternoon she comes into my room where I am in the processes of unloading my suitcase.  She has her hands cupped together filled with a bunch of change.  She puts it on my dresser and says, "Mommy tis money from my piggy bank.  I give to you so I don't have to clean!"  Sorry sweetie this Momma don't take bribes, but nice try!

No comments: