If you have sat through a Disney animated movie, then you have picked up on the subtle undertones of adult humor. The Disney Network also does its fair share of sliding in under handed jabs into its programming.
In the past two weeks, my three your old has become obsessed with Imaginations Movers. I was explaining the show to a mommy friend of mine, who has yet to have the enjoyment of watching it. I told her that The Imagination Movers are basically the straight version of The Wiggles. She tried to tell me that the Wiggles aren't gay. COME ON, really? They wear skin tight shirts to show off their pecks, there is character called Captain Feather Sword, they have a friend named Dorthy and they sing about Fruit Salad. Now if that's not Disney pulling out every stereo type and taking a jab at alternative lifestyles, I don't know what is.
The Imagination Movers on the other handle, appear to have never seen the inside of a gym. It takes four of them to carry one ladder. They wear baggy jump suits to hide their physic. There is one that even has a beer belly. Without a doubt these guys are completely stoned. Everything in their world is bright, colorful and loud, like their trippin'. It takes all four brains to form one thought. Their good friend is a talking Warehouse Mouse and they have a cold room full of "snow". Disney could make up posters with these four Imagination Movers saying "This is your brain on drugs."

So needless to say I am just thrilled that my daughter has fallen in love with this show and cringe when I hear their theme song. She has a particularly sweet spot for the one named Scott. He's the one with long hair, a gouty and funky red sunglasses that helps him see special things. Daddy is hoping her taste in boys changes in the next 15 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment