
You are all going to think I am certifiably insane with what I am about to tell you (by the way , my medical records state I am already there!). I decided to try to make my own laundry soap. Yes, that's right, I just sent TIDE's stock value down a few points.
My family must be really messy, dirty people, for the laundry machine in this house is constantly running. I go through one of those huge bottles of Tide about every three weeks. It just kills me to spend $15 before tax on a bottle of soap. I did the math and it was over $250 a year and that is not including any bleach, spot removers or fabric softener just to buy soap. While looking for coupons for laundry detergent online I discovered hundreds of article on making your own laundry soap. Don't worry, I am not going all earthy crunch on you. I haven't tied myself to a tree and I am still shaving my legs.... I just thought I would give it a shot and see if we could save a bit of money (I am determined to go on a vacation this year).
Paul has begged me not to experiment with his work clothes. He has visions of being trapped in the mall for days trying to replace his nicer clothes. So I'll keep you posted and let you know how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment