Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Needing Daddy

We have had a flood of company here over the past month, hence my kids have gotten completely out of their routines.

Yesterday, I went to put Sara down for a nap and she started wailing for her Daddy. She just doesn't get the fact that Daddy has to work during the day, no matter how many different ways I try to explain it to her. Grasping at straws (and for my sanity), I said, "Sara, how about if you cuddle with one of Daddy's favorite things during your nap? Will you go to sleep then?" She bought into this idea, so I handed her the TV remote. I can hear all of you who know my husband well, laughing!

The little wheels in her head started turning. and she said "Mommy I want to sleep with Daddy's favorite underwear. The Monkey ones." Aaaaa.....ok??? "If they are clean, go ahead." So she jumped up from bed rooted through Paul's underwear drawer and found the monkey boxer shorts. Crawled into bed, cuddled with the remote and the boxers like a blanket and fell asleep within five minutes.

Strange, yes. But it worked, so I am not complaining.

No comments: