Friday, August 28, 2009

Yellow

Growing up my Mom always swore that doing any type of wallpapering / painting in our homes was the kiss of death for my Dad being traded to another hockey team. I remember being all excited to have my room wallpapered and having adorable matching comforters for the bed. Before the paste was even dry, we were traded. So much for all the effort my mom put into me having a cute room for her daughter, not to mention the cash that Dad just threw out the window.

So using this same basic theory I decided to pick a room around the house to decorate and perhaps it would jinx Paul into landing a job. I picked the laundry room , since its where I seem to spend most of my week. Decided on a soft happy yellow that would put me in a good mood as I did load after load of laundry, trying to not curse my family for being total slobs.

We are on a tight budget these days, so shopped paint prices and found the cheapest priced paint I could. Then the painting began. My soft yellow is just that....WHEN THE LIGHTS ARE TURN OFF! once the lights are turned on you need to quickly reach for the sunglasses before your blinded. My friend came over yesterday and politely suggested that perhaps a different Watt bulb might help soften the color.

Our dog Tally is a huge fan of the new color. Every time I go looking for her I find her laying on the carpet in the laundry room. We are not sure if she has taken a liking to the room because A.) she's getting high off the paint fumes or B.) she thinks the sun has moved into our house and is trying to get a suntan simply by being in the room.

In the meantime we are still waiting for the phone to ring.

No comments: