Getting the girls ready for school in the morning is always a joy. By 7:45 AM, I am completely over ridden with anxiety and feel as if I have just run a marathon. Yesterday was no exception.
Every Friday, Emma's school has a fun assembly for the students. They are encouraged to wear their school t-shirts to show school pride. Well its a short sleeve T-SHIRT and it has gotten cold outside. So in an attempt at being a good mom, I grab a long sleeve white t-shirt for Emma to put on under her school shirt.....and this is where the anxiety starts.
"Mommy, I'm not wearing the long sleeve shirt, its going to look dumb."
"Emma, its cold outside and I don't want you to get sick. You'll be cold all day if you don't wear the long sleeve shirt under your t-shirt."
"Its not cool to do that mommy. The other kids will laugh at me. I'll wear my hooded sweatshirt under the t-shirt." Like that won't look dumb.
This discussion went on for several minutes. I glanced at the clock and saw if she didn't get dressed soon she would be earning a tardy slip.
So in desperation, I dialed my friend who has a 3rd grade daughter and asked her to put her on the phone to convince Emma that it was cool to wear a long sleeve shirt under a short sleeve shirt. So my friend gets her sick daughter out of bed to talk to Emma. Two seconds on the phone with this older girl who Emma adores, and she gets dressed!
Have I told you how much I love having girls.
No comments:
Post a Comment