Paul is going to come home from work today to find that one three year old (who will remain nameless) no longer resides with us.
I swear the child just leaves a path of destruction in her wake. Not sure where she is, just follow the messy trail it will eventually lead you to her. I haven't blogged in a long time,because I have been so busy cleaning up all her messes. Today is the final straw!
I was getting the kiddos ready for school, and hopped on the computer to quickly check my email. All of a sudden I hear water running and its not the normal sound of a tap being turned on. Sara comes in & says "Mommy. I went Potty." Shit... I know what that water sound is! I practically sprain my ankle dashing across the upstairs to the girls bathroom. Sure enough there is an inch of water on the floor and quickly rising. Gobs of toilet paper are hanging over the toilet seat. I yanked the top of the tank off and screamed for my oldest to get me the plunger, to realize a minute later it was on the floor behind me. Got the water to stop splashing on the floor. Grabbed four towels to try to soak up the water, which was kind like throwing a paper towel in a lake and expecting it to work. Quickly gave up and headed down to the garage to retrieve the shop vac.
On my way through the kitchen I can hear water flowing through the floor boards to the ceiling above, and sure enough looked up to see water spots forming.
The water filled 3/4 of the shop vac. This all happened before 7:10 AM, when I'm barely capable of making school lunches never mind dealing with major plumbing issues.
I'll be spending the rest of my day scrubbing down a bathroom, doing a load of towels, steam cleaning carpet, getting new paint for my ceiling and finding a good foster home for my child.
No comments:
Post a Comment