Sunday, January 10, 2010

Mooooom!

My friend Lisa and her daughter Lauren came over today.  Lisa and I had to get things ready for our daughters' Daisy Girl Scout meeting tomorrow.  The project took longer than we thought and it was getting to dinner time. 

Paul, bless his heart (however I think his grumbling tummy was more the motive) started cooking.  We were still knee deep in the project when dinner was ready, so I told Paul, for him and the girls to go ahead and eat and to offer Lauren dinner as well.  He calls them to the table, and Lauren asks  "What are you having?"  To which my husband with his wonderful sense of humor replies "Frog legs."

"MOOOOOOOM!  CAN WE GO HOME FOR DINNER?"

It took 15 minutes to convience the poor child that it was chicken not frog legs.  Doubt she'll ever ask to stay for dinner at our house again.

No comments: