Right after dinner yesterday, Paul tells me to come over to the kitchen counter where he's standing looking at the fish bowl. He says, "Take a look, it will take you a minute to notice" and jestures towards the bowl. So I look and realize my daughter's beloved fish "Abby" is no where to be seen.
I'm thinking where the heck is the damn fish, its not that big of a bowl. Out of the corner of my eye I see Abby (that's the fish's name) is lying on the counter beside the bowl. Mentally I am cursing my husband for not discretely getting rid of the fish undetected, because the girls are now on there way over to where we are standing dragging chairs, so they can see too!
So I quickly reach down to grab it before the girls can see, and the damn fish is still alive and starts floppin' all over the counter. After a couple atempts, I get her and toss her back in the bowl. She sinks immediately to the bottom.
So now we are all holding our breath hoping she comes back to life. It felt like the ICU for fish. Sure enough she starts to circle the bowl, and the stupid thing heads straight for the top like she is trying to flip herself over the side of the bowl again! We immediately lower the the level of the water, and are now on dang suicide watch for our fish! I guess life inside the bowl has just gotten to be too much for her.

4 comments:
Update on Abby...from lack of oxygen she has lost her reddish glow and is now displaying blackish hues.
how is she today? I guess she had a rough childhood before you rescued her!
She one damn hardy fish! still swim around. I don't know if it was a bad childhood or the fact that we often forget about the poor thing. Or perhaps she was experiencing a Little Mermaid syndrome??
Those fish live forever. Heather had one for 4 years. I thought that thing would never die. RIP Rainbow.
Post a Comment