Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Diet Coke

I had the brilliant idea that I was going to give up soda for Lent.  40 days isn't that long, right?   WRONG.  I never got into the Coffee thing in college.  Diet Coke has always been  my poison of choice to get me going in the morning.   Going without my favorite caffine beverage has been a struggle.   You have probably seen me sumbling around like a zoomie over the past couple of weeks.   If you think about it, when you elimate soda, hate tea and coffee and really don't care for fruit punch, your choice of beverages are basically water or lemon aide.  Blah!

You would think 40 days would be long enogh to kick the caffine habit, but its not.  Paul put a 2 liter bottle of diet coke on my pillow last night and told me it was from the Easter Bunny.  He so sweet.  It tasted so wonderful as I drank my first sip of Diet Coke this morning.  It was like getting back in touch with an old friend.  The kids can enjoy their chocolate high today, while I enjoy my caffine high. 

Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: