Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Abby Who?


Why does my daughter have to pick the one cartoon character that is impossible to create a birthday theme around?? Each year before their birthday the girls get to go to the party supply store and choose the pretty plates and napkins for their birthday. I usually have a pretty good idea as to what they are going to pick before they get there.

We head to the party store for Sara. I am 100% positive she is going to pick Elmo, since whenever anything but "Elmo in Grouchland" is on TV she screams bloody murder. Does she pick the Elmo decorations? NO. She wants an Abby Cadabby Party. Abby is a cute little fairy, who is relatively new to Sesame Street. The lure of Abby's bouncy pink and purple pony tails, was just too much for my soon to be three year old to resist.

Abby is a new enough character, that she has yet to prove her worth as merchandising cash cow like her neighbor Elmo. Wonder if that creates any jealousy on happiest street on TV?

At the grocery store Monday, I thought I would get ahead of the game and order Sara's birthday cake. As I began leafing through the cake design book (that is the size of an unabridged version of the dictionary), I quickly learn that they don't make Abby Cadabby cakes. This is typical of the torture my girls like to put mommy through. The lady at the bakery suggest if I can find a little Abby Cadabby toy they could put it on top of the cake and create a design around that. OK easy fix......12 stores later still can't find a frickin' stupid fairy with pink and purple ponytails! The things we do for our kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny! Look on ebay for "abby cadabby cake topper". Sarah kind of reminds me of abby cadabby- cute as a button!

Anonymous said...

Hey Vicki! Here is a link if you want to order birthday supplies for Sara. It may be a bit extreme to go to the ends of the world, but I understand what we do to make our kids happy. Hope this helps.

http://www.birthdaydirect.com/kids-birthday-party-supplies-abby-cadabby-c-1076_2217.html

Lisa M.