Wednesday, May 27, 2009

French Connection

Last night I drifted off into a peaceful slumber. Then I started to hear french being spoken around me. I snuggled my head deeper into my pillow thinking I was about embark on a wonderful dream of Paul whisking me off to Paris for a romantic rendevue. The french voices got louder, and no visions of strolling hand and hand around the Eiffel Tower appeared. I realized that I was now fully awake and the voice were coming from the TV in my bedroom.

Thinking to myself that Paul must have fallen asleep and this was just the next show that came on, I pry my eyelid open to find the remote and turn off the TV. Paul is sitting up in bed fully engaged in a foreign film with subtitles. What the Hell??? To my knowledge he has never watched a foreign film in his life. His preference tends to be Mafia or Military movies. He chooses the night I want to get a good night sleep to suddenly become cultured! I am convinced that there had to be a good sex scene that made him stop on the channel and continue to watch it.

I am pissed that once again I have been woken up by the TV and my husband. I toss and turn for an hour, in the meantime the show ends and Paul begins to snore. THREE hours later I am finally able to fall back to sleep.

So if you see bags under my eyes today you will know why.

No comments: