Thursday, July 16, 2009

Deals, Deals and More Deals

Some may call me frugal, I just consider myself smart with money. Over the past year as the prices at the pump and grocery stores soared, I started to turn to coupons more and more often. It has turned into a competitive sport for me, to see if I can top the previous weeks savings.
I did soooooo awesome at the store today, I just have to share my savings. I got a $93 worth of groceries for $54. Kroger's had their 10 item Mega sale this week. If you purchase 10 of their selected items you get $5 off your bill. I did this twice so there's $10 right there, then I had coupons for additional savings on several of the items. Here are some of the items:

Daisy Sour Cream on sale $1.49 with a$.55 coupon brought it to .94 cents.
Kraft Salad dressing on sale for $1.19 subtract .35 cents which hey triple another .70, brought it down to .14 cents!!!
Sunny D on sale for .89 with .50 coupon which was doubled, actually put me in the black where the store owed me .11 cents!
Yoplait yogurt on sale for $1.99, had an store coupon for $1.00 off combined with manufacturer's coupon for .75 = yogurt costing me only .24 cents.
Paul scored a coupon online for free Oscar Myer beef hot dog, that was a $4.69 savings.

And yes, I am one of those crazy women who you see in the store with a binder of coupons. You can stare all you want and even think I'm crazy, but I guarantee you that my bill is less than your at the register.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we need a vicki coupon lesson!

Tracy said...

You and my sister are the master of this. I am amazed at what she can do at the grocery store.