We have all heard the saying "With Desperate Times comes Desperate Measures," don't worry I'm not out robbing banks........ at least not yet. Today, that old phrase truly had meaning for our family.
For those of you who don't read the daily "Farmer's Almanac," today is National Cow Appreciation Day. In honor of day, our local fast food chicken restaurant was having a special promo. Their mascot is a cow that carries around a sign that says "Eat mor Chik'in," so if you dressed up like a cow, you ate for free. Being the resourceful person that I am, I dove into my craft closet, and with the help of my glue gun, I had the entire family decked out as cows so we could get a free meal. Paul was even a good sport and donned black spots, although he did refuse to be photographed. It was a great lunch and we may even return for dinner. Hey....don't laugh, its helping to stretch that old grocery budget.
No comments:
Post a Comment