Have had an absolutely fantastic day today, despite the fact that my father reminded me at 7:30 AM that the next set of numbers I'll be seing is 4-0!
You see, my Dad has this little thing he does with the numbers on your birthday, that he has done for years and usually ends up depressing you. He explains that when you're born you start at zero. By the time you celebrate your first birthday you have already complete one whole year. So technically on your birthday you are already starting to live the next year of your life (which is one number higher then what the candles on the cake say) So he says to me this morning "Happy Birthday! How does it feel to be living your first day of your 40th year." Luckily I had already taken my prozac for the day and had been treated to breakfast in bed, so like all good children, I ignored him changed the subject to HIS age and told him he was getting older and he needs to let my sister and I know where his WILL is and where all his stocks and so forth are. HA! Gotcha Dad!
Overall I had a absolutely wonderful birthday. 39 use to sound SO OLD! I remember just a few year back in my 20's thinking that those in their late 30's - 40's were so grown-up. They were adults who seemed to know it all. Well I know I don't know Jack shit about a lot of things. And I certainly don't feel my age. So despite what my birth certificate may say, I guess I am still young at heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment