We headed out for dinner last night and it was the typical noisy car ride. Paul was trying to tell me about some talk radio segment he had heard, Sara was babbling trying to get our attention, Emma was writing in her little notebook and I was just simply trying to tune it all out.
Emma says, "Hey Daddy you want to hear my letter I just wrote to Santa?" I'm thinking, great, lets hear all the things you want for Christmas that you didn't tell mommy about 3 weeks ago when I did all my shopping. So Emma begins to read her letter:
Dear Santa,
I hope you get this message.
Sara is kind of BAD today.....
With that Sara burst out wailing. Thank god my back was to them because I was laughing my ass off. Emma continues to repeat what she wrote because she knows she's gotten to her sister. Paul's trying to regain some calmness in the car.
Sara comes up with her own quick reply but can't get it all out because of her hysterical sobs "Daddy text Emma...Daddy Text Emma" She sounded like an old record that had a scratch and kept repeating the same line. What she was trying to get out was Daddy Text Santa about Emma.
Just another great family car ride and a great laugh that was much needed to break the holiday stress.
No comments:
Post a Comment