Its hard to believe that it is already 2011. I am starting to believe my Dad when he says the older you get the faster the years pass.
Last year was packed with soo many things. Emma went from first grade to second, which is so hard to grasp. I just want to put a brick on her head and capture every moment of her being this age. She is at an age where she understands things and still thinks its cool to be with mom. I know the dynamics of our relationship will change the older she gets. From listening to the the moms of older kids, I have learned that I am only seeing the tip of the iceberg as far as the drama goes...wonderful! Emma is learning so much in school, it is amazing to see her mind just absorbing the information she is given.
Sara has gone from being toddler into a little girl who is in her last year of preschool, which I am ok with. It means that I have done okay as a mom and have succeeded in getting her safely to this point in her life. She's at a fun age, growing in her independence. She cracks me, an sometimes just leaves me shaking my head thinking, "good lord, I am going to need your help to handle her in a few years." It is becoming clear, that she is my wild child that is going to give me a run for my money!
This past year has been fantastic for Paul professionally. He continues to grow each day in his job, tackling every obstacle head on and succeeding. I am soo very proud of him.
Then there is me. It was a year of getting healthy both mentally and physically. Paul, my family and friends have been so supportive. I started the year wanting to lose 40 pounds before I turned 40. Didn't quite make it there. I got a bit derailed in the fall, but have kept the 17 pounds I did lose off.
So what am I hoping for in 2011?
* Of course health and prosperity for everyone I know.
* For me personally, I want to get back to the gym & work on losing an additional 20 pounds.
* I want to continue to get caught up on all the little projects around the house that have gotten neglected
in the past year.
* Its time to find doctors and make overdue appointments, a process I absolutely hate. A root canal is
less painful!
* I want to take more time to enjoy the kids instead of always being consumed by housework. Yes Paul
& my children, this means you need to buck-up and help more or deal with living in a dirty house and not
having clean clothes!
That's where I will start for now. However as a female I will maintain the right to change I mind at any given time. Paul has gotten quite use to this concept. Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment