Friday, January 7, 2011

Great Invention

The Christmas decorations have all been taken down and neatly packed away.   Although the holidays are now in the past, there is one simple little thing that makes me want to reminisce.  It's common knowledge that this old gal is not a big fan of technology, which most likely stems from my husband's extreme addiction to it.  Every time he buys the  "Latest & Greatest"  electronical gadget I just cringe.  

You won't believe it, but I actually purchased an electronical gadget last month that I fell in love with.  You all have probably had it for several years, but for me its new & exciting.

There is always a sense of dread when the Christmas Tree goes up each year.  The tree's twinkly lights creates the Christmas magic.  However, it is also these same lights that bring on frustration.   I hate having to crawl and wiggle under the tree with it swaying & the ornaments swinging,  just to plug the lights on and off each evening.  Our tree has often sat there unlit simply because I didn't feel like doing gymnastic routine just to be festive.

However now there is a different tale.  I discovered this:



The lights on the tree were a blazen this year!  It was such a pleasure to just point the remote at the outlet behind the tree and waalaa  there was light!  When my parents where in town, the kids pretended they knew magic.  They entertained them by hiding the remote in their hand, pointed at the tree, said some crazy magic words, and the light either popped on or off.  Hey, it the simple things that entertain the Schmitz!

No comments: