Thursday, December 4, 2008

Call her Linus

After this morning, I am officially changing my youngest name to "Linus". She has an attachment to her baby dolls, like Linus had to his blankie. My oldest never went through attachment issues like this.

It was a rough morning all around. Sara crawled into bed with us at 4 Am, which means Mommy has been up since that time, since she is like trying to sleep with a pinball machine. When the alarm went off at 6:30 the other one refused to get out of bed and get moving. It wasn't until almost 7 that Emma came whining down the stairs. So we were just plain late, late , late this morning.

Amazingly we got big sis to school before the tardy bell rang. The fun really began when I had to take our little peanut to preschool. She has developed this need to take one of her baby dolls to school everyday. She claims she needs it "So I don't cry." Even though we conquered those issues over a month ago. Mommy learned her lesson not to let her take "Baby Dillion" to school to avoid any further traumatic bedtime scenes. So amongst our collection of dozens of babies, we have found another Baby that eyes close when it lies down. Just to refresh your memory, the baby she sleeps with closes its eyes, the other babies freak her out to sleep with because they stare at her.

So we pull into the preschool parking lot and she starts asking for her baby. I assumed (mistake #1) that baby was wrapped up in her nap mat from earlier in the week. No such luck. Mistake #2 was to tell her that Baby wasn't there. She said to check her backpack. Struck out again. So I proceed to try to negotiate with my two year old explaining that her teachers have baby dolls she can use. No go. Then I try to explain to her that we will be late if we drive back home. The temper tantrum sets in (hers not mine). After five minutes of frustration, I say "Fine. We'll go back home to find the baby, but I am not driving you back up here, your going to have to stay at home with mommy!" I know, not the most brilliant of things to say.

We get home, I leave her in the car and run into the house looking for the baby. I hit five rooms in under a minute( I knew track would serve me well later in life), can't find the dam baby anywhere. So I have the brilliant idea that I'll give her a choice.....grab a baby with open eyes, along with two stuffed animals.

Got to the car and she wasn't buying it. She wanted a baby that closes its eyes and that was that. I tell her that she has to go into the house to fine it herself. So we go in and start our search. When your in a rush doesn't it seem like your child moves in slow motion. After looking under beds and dumping toy baskets upside down, we found baby. Our house on the other hand looks like it had been burglarized.

Fifteen minutes later we head back to school. I told her teacher a Foster Parent might be bringing her to school next week. I really hate having mornings like this.

No comments: