My husband took the day off from work to go Christmas shopping with me. He said he wanted to be "involved." I love his effort here, but it has also stressed me out because I typically have a good portion of my shopping and wrapping done by Dec. 1st.
So off to the mall we headed, and now I know why a rarely ever set foot in a mall. Those annoying people who work at those little booths scatter throughout the center of the mall are going to be the Death of the American Malls as we know them today.
I swear if one more of those so called "sales associates" tried to lure me over to their booth with ridiculous compliments or questions I was going to deck them. You couldn't walk five feet without another one of them popping up in your face. Not even an avert look or annoyed scowl would deter their attempts to peddle their products. I can't believe their absurd sale pitches actually work. These workers rank one notch above telemarketers in my books.
It was absolutely suffocating to dodge these slimy sales people as I search for the nearest mall exit. Kohl, Target and Walmart should send each of these sales people thank you notes for diverting business their way. I, for one, feel fortunate to have escaped without being arrested for doing bodily harm to one of these people. It will be the last time I venture inside the mall for quite some time, well at least until I can get a permit to carry mace!
2 comments:
So true! The ones that sell the soaps by the food court at Stonebriar are the worst. They say in their "sexy" foreign accent, "I can ask you a question, ma'am?" and then I say "no thanks, don't have time" and then they give dirty looks. And if that's not enough, if you happen to walk back by 5 minutes later, they do the exact same thing! UGH!
I knew by your title what you were going to be writing about. I don't know when this whole way of selling started in the mall but it is super annoying. I don't mind being rude to them. They deserve it!
Post a Comment