Monday, March 9, 2009

24/7 Surveillance

I have decided that my three year old needs to be put under 24/7 surveillance in order to stay out of trouble. On second thought, complete lock down might be more appropriate. She has more then earn the nickname of Little terrorist. Her primary reign of terror being her mother and anything within her reach. Paul calls her our Little Ninja, because of how quick she is with destruction.

On Friday, I was making a phone call and the next thing I know Sara is carrying a shovel from the garage across the family room and out the backdoor. Not a little hand shovel, no, she has the big 5ft tall garden spade! I hear Big Sis say "Barbie's dead. Bye-Bye Barbie." (yeah.. I know, there is a dozen or more psychological issues with that statement!). I look out the window and sure enough, Barbie is 6 inches under with one lone foot sticking out of the dirt in my flower pot!

Some Spring Cleaning was being tackled that same day. I pushed the mattress in our room off the box spring in order wash the dust ruffle. At the time the girls were in the bathtub. While gathering up other items to make a load to go with the dust ruffle, Sara jumps out of the tub and decides to dump a couple bucket of water into the box spring. Then proceeds into my freshly cleaned hallway bathroom, pees on the throw rug I had just washed as well as the floor. She must have been drinking the tub water because she filled her potty seat as well and dunks her stuff animals head into it. Guess her animal was thirsty too.

Yesterday, I was loading the car to bring some things over to a friends house. Sara was in the car, found a sample bottle of hand lotion I hand in the front console. She smears it all over the interior windows, and she, you guessed it, had the bottle in her mouth when I found her. The kicker is, it was HEMP lotion. For my naive friends, hemp is a name for a marijuana plant. I ran her in the house, handed her to daddy and told him it was his turn to call poison control.

So if anyone would like some really good birth control, I am renting Sara out by the hour. She is GUARANTEED to be 100% effective in preventing pregnancy.

4 comments:

jenleic2008 said...

Good lord! She is a handful! Amazing how she thinks to do some of those things. You must be exhausted cleaning up after her. Just think, this is only a phase. It won't last forever.

Vicki said...

And I forgot to mention in there that she ripped my bedroom curtain off the wall.

BettencourtFamily said...

WOW-WEE! I am tired just reading about her adventures!!! I hope it all calms down soon for you!

Barbara said...

Honestly Vicki, it makes me happy to hear other moms talk about their kids doing things like these... Katie's only 2 and she is into EVERYTHING all the time. Sometimes I wonder if she will ever listen to me! Right now all she does is laugh at me...