Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Poison Control

Got a phone call last night from one of my neighborhood Mommy friends. My friends says "So I hear you are the Poison Control Expert." Not a title that I am proud to wear, but yes, Poison Control and I are on a first name basis.

I thank my little Sara for the honors. The child thinks everything is edible...diaper rash cream, lotion, TUMS, playdough, paint, sand, etc. Let me share just a bit of knowledge with parents of youngsters out there. If your child has consume anything by Crayola or Johnson & Johnson 99% of the time it is nontoxic. What they have consumed will come out one end or the other. Yes we have had some very colorful diapers.

Another word of advice, Poison Control does keep track of what number is calling and how often. After a dozen or so phone calls you may get a visit from the Department of Family Protective Services, not that this has happened yet. However, I have recently taken to calling my friends at Poison Control from my neighbors homes and have given alias names.

No comments: