The evening news last night was filled with one story after another on how all the tourist spots around the area have been filled to capacity due to everyone from kindergartners to college seniors all being on Spring Break this week. Yes, that's right, the entire state of Texas is all on Spring Break at the same time.
Now, I never took a logistics course nor an encon course, but pure common sense would tell you that when kids are out of school parents are going to SPEND MONEY to try to entertain them. Wow, talk about a way to stimulate the economy. However, with the entire state taking Spring Break at the same time, people like myself are hesitant to venture out to places, because I quite frankly have no patience for crowds. If I am going to spend my money (and a good chunk of it) on Six Flags, Sea World or the zoo, I want it to be an enjoyable experience. Wouldn't it be more profitable to spread Spring Breaks out over the course of a month or two and have money being spent over a longer period then one week?
Perhaps some of my teacher friends can explain the reason behind the "All at the Same Time" concept.
1 comment:
I am with ya! I grew up in VA and we all had different spring breaks from one another. Every county was different. It made it much nicer. It is crazy this week. I think I decided I don't like spring break. I will remember this for next year.
Post a Comment