Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bedtime Crisis

Bedtime comes and we go through the whole bath and PJ routine. Its time to tuck our little ones in to bed, when crisis strikes..... Our youngest' favorite baby doll is no where to be found.

Now keep in mind we have fifty babies that all look exactly alike, all naked because for some odd reason my daughters are anti-clothes when it comes to their dolls. The only difference is one of the dolls closes its eyes when it is laying down, of course this is the doll that has become my youngest favorite to fall asleep with at night. She fondly refers to the doll as Baby Dillion, the rest are named TWO. We have tried to fool her in the past when we have been too tired to walk downstairs to search for Baby Dillion. Let me tell you, there is no fooling a two year old when it comes to her favorite baby.

So as my daughter is wailing, longing for her baby and refusing to go to sleep, it dawns on me that she brought Baby Dillion to school with her today, and I don't think Baby Dillion came home with us at dismissal. Oh Shit! She is never going to fall asleep without her beloved Baby Dillion. Can you get arrested breaking into the preschool classroom at a church at 8 PM???? How long can my child stay up mourning the absents of a baby doll. I might be able to get to Target before it closes. Walmart is also open 24 hours. With my luck neither will carry a baby that closes its eyes.

Guess I'll be heading back up to school bright and early tomorrow and charming a maintenance man into opening the classroom.

1 comment:

BettencourtFamily said...

Oh no! I know EXACTLY how you feel sister! I hope you can find Baby Dillon today!