Sunday, November 23, 2008

What Movie?

So today Mommy ventured off to see Madagascar II with her girls, while day trotted off to the Cowboys game. Before we left the house a fresh diaper was put on the little one, and I made sure the older one made a trip to the potty. Was being thrifty and packed drinks in the diaper bag and bought a popcorn for us to share. We met our friends there and got settled in our seats.

The opening title hadn't even come on the screen and the youngest starts claiming she has to go potty. Granted I have been trying to get her to leave the world of diapers and become a big girl for months. Seems like the only time she "wants" to try the potty is when it is inconvenient. Like a bad Mommy, I say "Its ok honey you have a diaper on." All out protest start. Before someone gets the usher to escort us out, I give in and take her to the potty. She sits for 5 minutes on the porcelain throne and decides it was a false alarm.

W got back in our seats and I just start to reach for the popcorn when the oldest decides its her turn and she has to go to the potty. During the 1 hour and 20 minute movie I made 5, that's right I said FIVE trips, to the restrooms with my girls. The usher must have thought I had a bad case of diarrhea and was using my kids as decoys.

So don't ask me how the movie was, I have no idea. I am so glad that I spent $15 to see the public restroom of the theatre. If I ever decide to take my girls to see a movie again, it probably won't be until their teenagers, and both will have catheters in place before we purchase our tickets.

No comments: