My two girls have decided to share the drama this week. Neither has a had a good week at school.
Let's start with my oldest. For the first time she got a note sent home from teacher. Her teacher doesn't communicate with parents on a regular basis, so you know when you get a note, your kid's been bad. Seems little Emma thinks it is more important to socialize at school then to do her school work. Hmmmm.......wonder where she got her gift to gab. Well of course I haven't had to deal with many school issues , with her only being in Kindergarten, so I start to stress about how to handle it. Of course Daddy is off at that day job of his, so I can't defer the problem to him. What to do? Do I ignore it until Daddy gets home? Do I lecture her? Do I punish her by turning off the TV, which by the way would cause her to wither to the floor in a puddle of tears which is actually more punishment on me. She gets her addiction to TV from the other side of the family. A quick telephone conference with Daddy and it is decided we will talk about it when he gets home and show our child the error of her ways.
Now to child two. I get a call from her preschool on Tuesday. Seems that she has develop this uncontrollable need for Mommy mid-day. Teacher calls to tell me she has been crying for awhile asking for mommy and do I want to pick her up. NOOOOOOOOOO! Mommy NEEEEDs her two days of week of peace and quite in order to stay somewhat sane. Without trying to seem selfish, I try to convince the teacher that coming up to get Sara would be a bad idea and would start a bad precedence. So for two days Mommy has been trying to convince Sara how much fun school is and that being at home with Mommy is boring. As much as I am flattered that she claims to want me, I know in my heart that it is something else that is bothering her and she just doesn't know how to express it. I packed and extra hearty snack for her today, let her take her baby doll for comfort and even put a picture of the family in her Backpack for when she is missing us. I'll do anything to hang on to my two days a week.
Keep your fingers crossed for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment