

I just have to brag about my neighborhood. As many of you know, I moved around alot as a kid. We lived in all kinds of neighborhoods. Some, where you can't recall a single sole's name and others where you made life long friendships.
I always hoped that when I had my own family, that we would get lucky enough to find one of those really special neighborhoods. Well, I can honestly say that we have found a place that really rocks!
Our Neighborhood Moms Group has really brought alot of people together and has created a really fun place to live. So many of us who live here are within 10 years of age of one another, which means a lot of us have kids the same age as well. Many of us are transplants from other states and we have bonded together to become our own TX family.
Our Moms Group did a Trunk or Treat followed by a pot luck picnic at the park Friday night. We had a huge turn out. I looked around at all the families who came out for the evening to participate and mingle. Kids were chasing each other, Dads' were grilling and talking about the Dallas Cowboys, Moms where cutting up their kids' hotdogs trying to figure out who brought the great pasta salad. It was kind of like a 1950's Norman Rockwell Postcard. It made me realized that we are so lucky to live in such a special neighborhood. Enjoy the pictures!
1 comment:
we had such a blast. i LOVE all the moms and kids in our neighborhood.
Post a Comment