Woke up this morning with temps in the 50's. By TX standards that is a chilly morning. However, we won't be rushing to turn on the heater, because its suppose to hit the mid 80's by this afternoon.
After watching the weather report, I decided to be a responsible mother and make both the girls wear a light jacket for our walk to school. It was no problem convincing the oldest, to wear her new jean jacket that she loves. The younger one was a different story.
She just got a new yellow hooded sweatshirt jacket. Thought the fact the fact that it was something new, and that it was cold, would make it an easy situation. Oh no! We had full fledged two-year old temper tamper drama this morning. She probably woke-up half my neighbors screaming "No wear jacket, Mommy!" Protest accompanied by huge crocodile tears and flushed faced. When this child screams it comes, not from her lungs, but from the depths of her toenails on up. Hearing her, people probably thought I was beating her (which wasn't too far off from what I wanted to do).
After, a block of listening to the protest and trying to reason with her, I finally took the darn jacket off and throw it in the stroller. By this point, her sister and our friends we walk to school with each morning are a full block ahead of us. I am actually a bit relieved that they don't have a front row seat to the commotion. Well....my very wise two year old decides she not yet done with her performance, realizes it is actually cold and starts throwing a reverse temper tantrum, "Mommy, me want jacket on!" I try to ignore her out of pure spite and frustration, but the people driving down the street on their way to work are starting to slow down to see if my child is being abused with all her tears. I finally can't take the wailing anymore and put her jacket back on.
There are some mornings that you just can't win.
No comments:
Post a Comment