Do you think I would tip off the preschool teachers as to what kind of day they can expect from Sara, if they pulled up to the school this morning and found her on the curb waiting for them?
Its barely 8 AM and I have already had enough of her. She is in this dreadful phase where everything has to be her way or she goes into complete meltdown mode with blood curdling screams and and enough tears to solve drought issues any small country. She is absolutely inconsolable when she gets like this. There is absolutely no reasoning, nor negotiating with her.
I swear, I am either going to up my anxiety medicine and walk around in a zombie like state or start drinking heavily to get through this phase with her.
Emma was a total different terrible two. She was just head strong and determine to get her way no matter what. Unfortunately, she is incredibly bright and if one way didn't work, she'd figure out another way to get what she wanted. I have to admit, she often out smarted Mom and Dad. It was head games and endurance with her. Never the all out wailing fits. I would ask the doctor, "Am I raising a brat?" He would laugh (probably because it wasn't his kid) and tell me "No you are raising a child who is going to be an empowered young woman someday." Its scary, but I almost would rather have another child like that again. I know how to handle those type of twos.
Let's just hope that Sara out grows her Terrible Twos a lot quicker then her sister. Emma spent 3 very long years in her terrible two phase and just left it at her five year old birthday.
In the meantime, I might just turn off my cell phone today, so her preschool can't get a hold of me today.
No comments:
Post a Comment