Thursday, October 30, 2008

Poop, Poop Everywhere

WARNING: Graphic discussion about Bowel Movement. Those with weak stomachs read no further. I'm a mom, you knew there was eventually going to be a post about Poop!

Five minute before we needed to leave for preschool drop-off I noticed a certain pungent aroma radiating from my youngest pants. I said to her, "Sara, did you poop-poop in your panties? Why didn't you tell mommy and you could have poop-pooped in the potty." This was mistake number one.

Mistake number two, was when I ran upstairs to grab a new pull-up and new package of wipes. In the two minutes it took me to go up and then back down the stairs, Sara had misinterpreted my statement to her and decided to take matters into her own hands. Sara decided to take her poop filled pull-up off (which can even be messy for professionals like mommies, never mind a 2 yr old!), and sit on her potty seat. Not quite sure what she did, but when I entered the down stairs bathroom there was poop on the potty, toilet, floor, her clothes as well as her hands and legs.

Not today, of all days. We were lectured by the preschool teachers on Tuesday that we had to be on time today, so the kids could be in the Halloween parade. Definitely don't have time to run a bath. So I quickly strip Sara down, scrub scrub her with half a package of wipes, thoroughly wash her hands, grab a new outfit from the dryer. Grab my body spray hoping it will cover the lingering aroma, and squirt her down. The dog is now in the bathroom sniffing around. Why do dogs have the need to get up close and personal with POOP! So I use the rest of the pack of wipes to wipe everything down, a spic and span cleaning will have to wait til after drop off, turn on the fan, shut the door and leave for school.

Didn't have time in the schedule to deal with poop today. I call hubby on the way to work to tell him about the incident. He says we should applaud Sara's effort to try to go potty. Funny... wonder if he would be saying the same thing if it was him who had to clean it all up. I guess it would be appropriate to say I had a shitty start to my day!

3 comments:

Haley said...

these things always happen when you don't have time for them. potty training is my nemesis. it's stories like this one that make me so scared to desert the diapers.

jenleic2008 said...

Oh no! This sounds like something that happens to me. We always have poop stories. That is a crappy way to start the day. I hope it got better after that.

Anonymous said...

LOLing at half the package of wipes! Totally been there, done that...

And then I always spend the rest of the day wondering if someone shows up unexpextedly if my house is going to smell like shit.