Don't you wish there was a magic Cleaning Fairy that would come into your house at night, you would wake up and everything would be sparking clean? If you ever find her, send the fairy my way.
I'm running around this morning trying to get the house somewhat presentable for Mimi, who flies in this afternoon. I know Mimi is coming to see the girls, Paul and I, and not to inspect the cleanliness of my house. Still, there is a certain pride in having your house look nice and having your company sit on the couch without the crunch of Dorito crumbs.
People can always gage how good of a friend I consider them by the state of my house. If its close to spotless = I am still getting to know you and trying to make a good impression. If there is a heap of dirty clothes on my laundry room floor, dirty dishes on the kitchen counter and toys strewn everywhere, then congratulations your considered a pretty good friend and I know you'll love me no matter what the state of my house is.
It's just so hard to keep ahead of the girls (...and the husband and the dog). I no sooner do I clean an area, turn my back and it looks like a tornado has come through. Guess, my girls have somehow come to the conclusions that mom enjoys cleaning. Not so, girls.
The task I absolutely despise is mopping the floor. Don't know why, but I just do. So perhaps if draw the blinds and turn off the lights, Mimi might not notice......
1 comment:
girl, I hear you on the mopping thing. I let the dogs do the mopping of the kitchen floor, they seem to do an ok job. have fun with mimi!!
Post a Comment