Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Opps I did it again!

You would think that one would learn from her mistakes, but no, not this old gal. Every once in awhile I like to to switch from my favorite carbonate beverage, Diet Coke, to Diet Cherry Seven-Up. I know the "diet" part doesn't make much sense when you take in to consideration the other things I consume. Weight Watchers surely doesn't list Ice Cream as one of their recommended food choices.

Let me tell you, there is a reason the word UP is in the word Seven-Up. There have been two incidents in the past week that have made me draw this conclusion.

I have always thought that when you open a new bottle of soda and you hear the hissing of the carbonation that you were suppose to get the cap off as quickly as possible so the air would mix with the carbonation and prevent it from fizzing all over. Not the case. Earlier this week, we were just about ready to sit down to dinner, when I got a new bottle of Diet Cherry Seven-Up from the pantry (for myself, the girls get milk). As I twisted the cap I heard that hissing sound and started to twist the cap as quickly as I could. Obviously too quickly, it was a scene similar to that of Ole' Faithful erupting! Cherry Seven-Up went everywhere, the cabinets, counter, staircase, as well as completely drenching Paul and I. No joke, half the bottle of soda was gone. Paul looks at me with that "what the heck did you just do" look, and launches into a lecture on the proper technique for opening a bottle of soda. In the middle of the speech we both noticed that "my improper bottle opening technique" also managed to spray all over the kitchen ceiling. I believe we simultaneously uttered "oh crap." For anyone who hasn't been to my house, we have an open floor plan that runs from the front door through the kitchen AND family room to the back door. A bowling alley has nothin' on this floor plan. As we both gwacked at the ceiling thinking this is going to stain (it is pink), we'll never match up the paint and we are looking at weeks of painting. Again "Oh Crap."

My 6'3" husband was quickly ordered on the counter and handed a wet sponge. Luckily we can hold off on the paint job a little longer.

Well tonight, I had another new bottle of Diet Cherry Seven-Up. Being a creature of habit and not learning my lesson, I opened it the same way and dang, the same darn thing happened again. Paul wasn't quite home yet so I was spared the lecture. Funny...he didn't mention anything about our tacos having a slight cherry tang to them tonight.

No comments: