Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Dogs going Bald!

Our dog, Tally, is shedding a small Poodle everyday! Don't know what is going on with her. If this doesn't stop soon, I am going to have to order another 80 gallon garage container from our city waste department just to contain her hair on a weekly basis. She's a short her dog (like Labs) so she doesn't have much hair to begin with.

I called my high school friend who is a Vet-Tech, to see if I should be getting her into a doctor. I hate the thought of incurring another large bill. We already buy $50 a bag dog food for Tally to help her waist line. My dad keeps telling me that bullets only cost .25 cents. Heartless! Tally was our first baby. We always figured if we didn't lose or kill the dog, we could handle having kids. How incredibly naive we were!

My friend the Vet-tech, reminded me that I had called her a couple months back when Tally got senior blood work and discovered she had no thyroid. She asked if I had been consistent about giving Tally the thyroid pills.

Pills???

Oh yeah...I think they are somewhere in the back of my cabinet. I was reminded that the pills were prescribed for a reason, and perhaps if I started giving them on a regular basis, Tally might stop shedding.

So if you happen to see me walking around the neighborhood with a bald pointed ear creature on a leash, please remind me to go home and give Tally her Thyroid pill.

No comments: